In race with Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn is not behind. Now you can promote your brand on LinkedIn just as you do on other social platforms. However, the features, uses, advantages seem more promising with LinkedIn’s sponsored updates. LinkedIn’s new sponsored update is a great advertising solution for B2B marketers. By using sponsored updates one can send their content into homepage feed of LinkedIn members. This feed or content can be reach on any homepage depending on your target, it doesn’t matter if the person is following you or not. Creating sponsor advertisement is simple and quick. There are two ways to create sponsored updates:
1) Create Sponsor Advertisement from the Ads Manager
2) Create Sponsor Advertisement from Company Page
Create Sponsor Advertisement from the Ads Manager
1) In your ad manager click “Create new campaign”
2) Select “Sponsor an update” and then name the campaign. Next select the published ad from your company page. (ad must be published first on company page)
3) You will get to see the preview of your campaign ad
4) Select target audience from “More targeting option”
5) Select your bid and time to run campaign.
(On LinkedIn you can select your bid on cost per click basis (CPC) or cost per 1000 impression basis (CPM))
Create Sponsor Advertisement from Company Page
1) Select campaign from company page and click “Sponsor update”
2) Window will pop up with options of budget, target and campaign you like to attach with sponsored add. Select correct option as per requirement
3) Select “Confirm”
There might be many arguments that why go LinkedIn when already there are many popular social platforms for Facebook and Twitter. Well you are not completely wrong but promoting your brand on LinkedIn by using sponsor ad has its own advantages. Lets have a look why LinkedIn is good for sponsored ad.
Four Reasons to Use Sponsored Updates
As LinkedIn members have a profile with details targeting is possible. You can target people not only on geographical basis but drilled down your target by choosing options like industry, company, profession, etc.
2) Users Can’t Opt Out of Updates
The sponsor ad, which comes in feed cannot be opt out or stopped by any user. The ads come like any other feed or posts in an activity stream. Hence it appears just as other posts and not intruder. However, user can hide the post if they find it irrelative.
3) Any Device
These sponsor ads are visible on every device. It doesn’t matter if the user is using desktop, tablet or Smart-phone these feeds will be visible in their activity stream without any disturbance. That means your ad will be visible whenever a user access his profile.
4) Ease of Use
LinkedIn’s real time analytics gives you overall review on campaign and its effectiveness. Campaign manager can stop, start and alter the campaign anytime. If you find your campaign is not working you can stop and instantly start the other campaign or make necessary changes.
So just like Facebook and Twitter, LinkedIn has its own advantageous.