If you have a beautifully completed Magento e-commerce website then it is a perfect time to consider the search engine optimization for the success of your online store. Search engine optimization is becoming more and more important these days. The search engine optimization is becoming a major part of internet business because it is helping a major part of online businesses in achieving their goals and success with high search engine rankings.
The search engine rankings of your website in Google search engine matters the most and this is what Search engine optimization do. It will drag your website to the top of you search term and people will find your website. Thus the hitting rate of customer’s increases and this is the one of the finest way of achieving online success. Here I am sharing with you 5 tips that will help you in the search engine optimization of Magento e-commerce website.
- Make sure that you are using everything updated. Use the latest version of Magento e-commerce website script for your web store. The updated version assists in search engine optimization more than older version. Moreover, the extensions you are using for Magento should also be updated and latest. This is the best thing to do as a first step.
- Then, it is time to make your Magento e-commerce website a web compatible and search engine optimization compatible web store. You will find a full range of search engine optimization settings here. You just need to follow the path: System => Configuration => Web => Search Engines Optimization. And then, you would need to configure the settings of your website design to make it search engine optimization compatible. You can follow the path for this: System => Configuration => Design => HTML Heads
- Most importantly, your store should be easily visible and directly accessible by the search engines. For this purposes, you would need to use the file “Robots.txt” which will guide the search engines. As result, you will get better results and your results would be visible easily and quickly without any additional efforts.
- Then, you should write a compatible and exact description for your web pages and web products. The description of your product or page should contain all the brief knowledge about specific thing and it is recommended to use several words with less repeats.
- Most importantly, the duplicate URL is considered bad for search engine rankings. It can affect your present ranking or it can make the search engine optimization work slowly. To reduce the duplications of URL, you would need to go to the path: System => Configuration => Catalog => Search Engine Optimization. And then your website is fully compatible with search engine. Additionally, you can consider using Google analytics for performance reports and it will also give you other tracking benefits.
Author bio: Melissa is a SEO and internet marketing expert who works as a freelancer for her clients all over the world at Digital Marketing services India. She also provides her useful tips on her blog where she writes on topics related to Magento at web development Company in Mumbai.